Monday, December 29, 2008

Socialphobialife.com - What is the deal with this site?

I was looking at some social phobia/anxiety forums and came across this site socialphobialife.com ( no, It is not my site). I thought I might want to join, so I tried. Three times. Never got any confirmation emails. I used different emails at different domains to see if that was the issue. Anyway it doesn't appear I could register at socialphobialife.com.

I also noticed something. There were not many posts from real members and the few real members were complaining about the board being spammed. Why did I notice this? Well, I noticed something else interesting connected to this social phobia life site.

I won't get into that right now, at least not publicly.

But if anyone knows what the deal is with this socialphobialife.com forum let me know. I thought I would give it a chance, but there are some well-established forums already out there without the questions.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Check this out instead:

Overcoming Social Anxiety: Step By Step
http://www.socialanxietyinstitute.org

8:04 PM  
Blogger Anthony Diclemen said...

Well hiding from people and avoiding social situations is very common. One should work towards curbing this haste. Some natural anxiety remedies to look into are St.John's Wort, SAMe, L-Theanine, and Tryptophan. There's also cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and programs like Panic Away and The Linden Method, to name a few. Hope this helps!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
I’m a new blogger and my site's address is overcominganxietydisorder.com

Your site is very related to mine. I thought it would be beneficial for both of us to do a blogroll link exchange.
Please let me know if you’re interested.
email: glgreenlake AT gmail DOT com

Thanks.
Victor

7:21 AM  
Blogger Maplewood Counseling said...

Hope you continue to blog about living with social anxiety. It's helpful for others.

MaplewoodCounseling.com Social Anxiety Support

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home