Friday, October 20, 2006

Having a Hard Time Concentrating

I don't feel like my social anxiety is that bad these days..Well, I don't know because I don't really go out. I am more in a depressed funk. It is hard getting anything done, and my sleep schedule is all out of whack. I look at a book and have a hard time concentrating.

I am still taking classes and thought I was all motivated to go back and "finish school." These days I just want to work on web sites and hope something sticks so that I will never have to get a "job." I don't know if there is a point to finishing if that's the case.

I am really glad that I started working on websites 5-6 years ago though, and more seriously the last two years. Because of that, I do have some residual income. The problem I have is building on those successes. I've considered trying to diversify the way I get my web traffic, though. Instead of just relying on search engines, I've tried cheap promotional products, like pens and magnets with my websites on them, working some social medai, and I also bought some local classified ads to test them out.

I tried doing one of those Money Mailer coupon things for one of my seasonal products, but the sales person was impossible to deal with. I think I'll keep that story private though.

It's hard to even get the energy to type here or work on any sites. I don't want to just rely on my past efforts getting me through life.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Walter said...

Hey man, hope you're doing well. I used to procrastinate a lot too due to my inability to focus...I found that exercising helps a lot, also a cup of coffee in the morning definitely gives me that energy boost to work on things. If you need some tips for creating a web site and making money from it I can give you some advice because I've been doing online business for about 7 years. Just drop by my forum whenever you feel like it - www.socialphobialife.com

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am total phobic waste.....
pray 4 my death

1:13 AM  
Blogger Arpita said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
I feel for everyone who's dealing with this codition.
I am broke and about to loose my apartment because I can't seam to step foot out the door these days.
I wish there was a site like Skype so I could talk and see someone who's going through the same thing!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds to me like you are depressed. It happens alot to people with social phobia. I feel the same way. I think it probobly has alot to do with the fact that people like us tend to stay out of the mainstream of society, therefore, have little to no social stimulation or contact with others. I find being left to my own thoughts for too long of a period really gets me down. I hate living with this condition, but, it is what it is. Its hard to live life being afraid all of the time. I hate to say it like this, but, I think I am just going to quit being scared little bitch and deal with it. If we do not face our fear it controls us. Once you face it head on and keep going the fear Will eventually subside. Sorry for ranting. Hope this helps.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to Youtube. There are alot of vids on there with people explaining what they go through.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Found your social anxiety post much more valuable for me. Hope to get some new and latest news from Social anxiety disorder. hypnotherapy for anxiety

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home