Thursday, June 02, 2011

Went Back to School, Going Back to School with Social Anxiety

I haven't posted here in a long time but I think I am going to start. I recently went back to college nearly 9 years after I took my last in-person class. I have been trying to go back this entire time, which has consisted of many online classes and withdrawing from many classes.

In 1 week I will have completed my 2nd full-time semester since going back. I attend a very large university, perhaps the largest in the U.S., and I take all my classes in person. I should have 1 more year left. I still have a lot of problems, but I'm not going to get into all of those right now.

I will post more later on school, my challenges and triumphs.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on going back to college! That is a major accomplishment. I wish you so much luck. I know how difficult it can be.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Doug Hart said...

It is really good that you are still being positive, and taking action. many people just give up when they don't see immediate results, but that is not how life works. Keep trying, keep working, and you will see results! Congrats..
social anxiety disorder

11:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All the best for you!

I am happy that you are taking a step forward in this. I admire your spirit in not succumbing to anxiety.Maybe I should take a step forward too. To continue this progress, I suggest that we should give counseling a try. These people can understand our needs.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Maplewood Counseling said...

I wonder how you made out going back to school in your last post from a few years ago...

Hope your social anxiety is better. I'm a therapist that like hearing how people overcome their social anxiety.

Kind regarsds
Debra
http://maplewoodcounseling.com
Maplewood Counseling

2:01 PM  
Blogger Maplewood Counseling said...

Love to hear more about your experiences with social phobia ...

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with college. Ive tried before and failed but i am thinking about going back in the Spring. Just do your best and you should be fine. Being in college with Social Anxiety is no fun (i should know) but just remember you have people behind you willing to help you every step of the way.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for giving social anxiety publicity. I myself have made a post with the 5 top myths about social anxiety, check it out if you want and tell me what you think! =) http://www.antisocial-carl.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-5-myths-about-social-anxiety.html

8:49 AM  
Blogger Abundant Life said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Abundant Life said...

hi, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
just wondering if you still suffer with social anxiety? if so, perhaps i can help.
Paula
AbundantLife4Unow.com

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home